Learn more about dental implants in Athens GA
It is important to be prepared for your dental implant consultation, so we have outlined what you can expect as well as some tips to get the most from your consultation with Dr. Matthew McRae Jr. in Athens, GA.
Dr. McRae will examine your teeth and gums thoroughly during this portion of the consultation. An important aspect of the examination is the assessment of your jaw bone density. Sufficient bone density is required to place the implants. In instances where the bone density is lacking, Dr. McRae may recommend a bone grafting procedure prior to implant placement. If you need bone grafting, Dr. McRae will be able to discuss your options and the different types of bone grafting procedures that can be performed.
X-rays and CT (computed tomography) scans may be a part of your examination. Dr. McRae will use these x-rays and scans to determine where to place your implants, and to help determine if and where a bone graft may be needed.
Dr. McRae will ask you questions about your daily oral hygiene routine, your medical history, and personal habits. Your answers will help Dr. McRae determine the success rate of your implants before they are placed.
Explaining Your Implant Options
Dr. McRae’s dental implant procedure recommendation will depend on the results of his examination. There are many options when it comes to dental implants, meeting different needs that depend on your personal situation. Unlike traditional methods, dental implants are often able to meet a variety of needs, from replacing a single missing tooth to a full arch. Dr. McRae will discuss your options and explain the differences during your consultation.
Dr. McRae will answer any questions you may have, but we suggest that you also do some research about the procedures and come with your own questions so that you can get the most out of your consultation. Below are some questions that may be answered during the discussion or questions you may want to ask Dr. McRae:
- How long will the procedure last, including separate procedures such as bone grafting?
- How many appointments are required to complete the full treatment plan?
- How long is the recovery period? Are there recovery periods in between visits?
- What should I do to care for my mouth following surgery?
- How do I care for my dental implants after they have healed?
- What are my options for anesthesia? Is sedation dentistry an option?
- Is a bone grafting procedure necessary? What does bone grafting entail?
- Will my insurance cover a dental implant procedure? What factors affect the cost of my dental implants?
We realize that you may have questions and concerns regarding your dental implant procedure. Call our office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. McRae for dental implants in Athens, GA!